Below is your weekly rundown of actions you can take to get involved and make a difference:
- Join The Seattle Design Commission: The deadline for applications is Friday this week. The commission is seeking a licensed architect and engineer.
- Join The Bellevue Planning Commission: If you’re an urbanist and a resident of Bellevue, you can help shape it’s future.
- Comment On The Wallingford RPZ: We mentioned this change earlier but the deadline for comments is this Thursday. Make sure you get in your comments this week.
- Attend An Event: Seattle Tech For Housing will be hosting a happy hour on Tuesday where they’ll celebrate some of the wins they had this year and you can learn how to get involved. There will be a public, informational meeting in South Park to help residents learn about the South Park landfill cleanup. This project also has an open comment period.
- Southeast Design Review: Two Rainier Beach apartment projects are undergoing design review at a 6:30pm meeting Tuesday at the Rainier Arts Center. First up, 30 homes at 4354 S Henderson St could win design recommendation and be among the first mixed-use projects to go in near Rainier Beach Station, an area that has been slow to see transit-oriented development. Second up, 28 homes planned at 7713 Rainier Ave S are getting early design guidance at 8pm.
If there are actions or events you’d like us to highlight in our weekly roundup, let us know by email at info(at)theurbanist.org. You can also see the city’s ongoing list of open public comments here.
We hope you loved this article. If so, please consider subscribing or donating. The Urbanist is a 501(c)(4) nonprofit that depends on donations from readers like you.