Pronto! Cycle Share is turning half a year old next week. Can you believe it!? So far more than 87,000 miles have been clocked on the 500 bikes roaming around Seattle. Pronto! also gets to boast that 46,000+ trips have been made on them with thousands of riders (2,400 of whom are members). With all those miles, tons of calories have been burned collectively–3.7 million at least. That’s definitely better than the tons of CO2 that riders might have otherwise pumped out.
Pronto!’s Executive Director Holly Houser cheered the six-month milestone saying that: “We have had an incredibly successful start in Seattle. We’ve seen great turnout in our first six months, even after launching during Seattle’s rainy season. It’s really encouraging that residents and visitors have already demonstrated the value of bike share as a viable public transportation option. We’re excited for what’s to come.”
Pronto! is rolling out some small improvements for community members. All kiosks will now have Spanish and Chinese language options for checkout. This will also be a huge benefit to visitors from across the country and globe.
To celebrate the occasion, Pronto! has a lot of great deals and events planned for next week (4/13-4/19). It’s not to be missed. Heck, even I’m finally giving in and getting my membership! Highlights of the big half-birthday celebration include reduced annual membership prices ($79), a photo scavenger hunt next Saturday (4/18), bicycling skills class by Cascade Bicycle Club (also next Saturday), and plenty of other events, discounts, and prizes! Here are the details:
- $79 Annual Memberships (regularly $85)
- $6 Single-day Passes (regularly $8)
New Member Perks:
- Anyone who signs up for a Pronto Annual Membership between April 13 and 19 is qualified to win two round-trip tickets from Alaska Airlines.
Member Discounts from Participating Businesses:
- One-year membership to Zipcar for $10 (regularly $70)
- Three-month pass from the ACT Theatre for $10/month (regularly $30/month)
- 20 percent off of all in-store merchandise at Timbuk2
- 20 percent off Ligne 8 clothing and accessories
- 30 percent off Bern bike helmets
Pronto Week Party:
- $75 ($10 off) Annual Memberships for non-member attendees who sign up that night
- Raffle with up to $250 in prizes from: Timbuk2, Zipcar, custom-designed Bern Unlimited helmets and more
- Bern helmet designing by local tattoo artists, complimentary beverages from Hilliard’s Beer and Peddler Brewing Company, DJ and photo booth
- A party on April 16, at ACT Theatre’s Bullitt Cabaret for Pronto annual members and up to two of their non-member guests, including:
#SolveSnapWin Photo Scavenger Hunt:
- April 18, 9:30 a.m.
Pronto Street Skills Class:
- April 18, 10 a.m.