Pronto! wants you to know that a new bike is coming to town: #VitaminP. Starting today, this yellow bike brighten up the streets of Seattle for the next four weeks. As a way to get members to log even more bike rides through the bikeshare program, riders (and Pronto! fans) are encouraged to find, ride, and post photos to social media of our new friend #VitaminP. By doing so, members and Pronto! fans have a change to win fabulous prizes like free Pronto! membership and handy bike gifts from local bike retailers, Timbuk2, REI, and Bern. These aren’t cheap prizes, winners could score prizes worth up to $200. And, all it takes is a camera and hashtaging a photo of #VitaminP to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Aside from this marketing campaign, Pronto! gave some very useful data on the program from their press release:
Bike share launched October 13, 2014. Just 15 weeks later, Pronto had:
- Total Membership: 2,145 Annual Members and 4,401 24 Hour & 3 Day Pass Holders
- Trips Taken: 28,622 rides with an average of 258 miles per day
- Miles Logged: 56,440 (2+ trips around the earth)
- CO2 Reduced: 45,840 lbs of carbon dioxide emissions, or 2,334 gallons of gasoline
- Calories Burned: 2,426,933 or 17,335 cans of cola.
1. REI / Yale Ave N & John St REI Station
2. 3rd Ave & Pike St
3. PATH / 9th Ave & Westlake Ave GroupHealth Station
4. Westlake Ave & 6th Ave GroupHealth Station
5. 7th Ave & Pine St Seattle Children’s Station
6. E Harrison St & Broadway Ave E GroupHealth Station
7. 2nd Ave & Vine St
8. Occidental Park / Occidental Ave S & S Washington St
9. Pier 69 / Alaskan Way & Clay St REI Station
10. Republican St & Westlake Ave N GroupHealth Station
We hope you loved this article. If so, please consider subscribing or donating. The Urbanist is a 501(c)(4) nonprofit that depends on donations from readers like you.