The University District rezone and urban design legislation is now before the Seattle City Council. To kick off the review and deliberation process, the City Council’s Planning, Land Use, and Zoning (PLUZ) Committee will hold a public hearing on the proposal tonight (November 16th). The hearing will begin at 6.15pm following an open house (5.30pm) and presentation (6pm). The meeting will take place at Hotel Deca in the heart of the University District. If you have comments on the proposal, you should attend the meeting to provide public testimony or submit your comments in writing to Councilmember Rob Johnson who chairs the PLUZ Committee.
For more on the University District rezone and urban design proposals, see our previous coverage:
- University District Draft Rezone Recommendations Released
- University District Rezone Proposal: A Deeper Look At Urban Design Requirements
- University District Rezone Proposal: A Deeper Look At Incentive Zoning, Historic Preservation, And Affordable Housing
- University District Rezone And Urban Design Proposal Sees Alterations
- Community Investments In A Growing University District
- Encouraging Better Seattle Retail Districts
The PLUZ Committee will also carry out further review and deliberation on the proposal at additional meetings toward the end of the year.